Financial FAQ

How much does tuition cost?

To find out more about the cost of SEU's degree program at Fellowship Church College, see the breakdown of annual program cost here.

How do I apply for financial aid?

The first step in applying for aid is filing theFAFSA. This must be completed EACH YEAR and the easiest way to file is online;you can apply at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ orby downloading the “MyStudentAid” App onto your smart phone. SEU’s federalschool code is 001521. The financial aid department does not know how much aidyou are eligible to receive until you have been accepted and your FAFSA hasbeen completed.

What awards are available to me as an Extension site student?

The most common financial aid awards are the Federal Pell grant, Subsidized and Unsubsidized student loans, and a Parent Plus loan. You will receive a Tentative Award Letter from Student Financial Services that outlines your expected financial aid for the year once you have been accepted and your FAFSA has processed successfully.

How many credit hours must I take in order to be eligible for financial aid?

You must be enrolled in at least six credit hours for federal student loans and at least 12 credit hours for state aid.

I have earned college credit elsewhere. Will those credits transfer in?

Like all higher education institutions, Southeastern University has specific guidelines on credit acceptance from other colleges. Generally, SEU will accept credits from other regionally accredited colleges; however, the transferability of credits depends on the student’s academic performance in those prior courses as well as the course equivalency into the student’s degree program at SEU.

Where can I find out how much financial aid I’m receiving (how to access Net Partner)?

Students must log in to Net Partner to check their status and complete their financial aid award process. Visit www.seu.edu, scroll to the very bottom of the page, under the financial column click on View Your Award, then click on Check Your Status. If it’s your first time logging in, you’ll need to choose “First Time User,” and then use your student ID to set up your password. Otherwise, use your ID and password to sign in and explore your financial aid information. If you get a code “IA,” click on the forgot password link.  

Am I eligible for federal work-student as an Extension site student?

Unfortunately, no. These positions are only available to Main Campus students.

How do I take out student loans?

To take out student loans, sign in at studentloans.gov with your student FAFSA PIN. Complete the student Entrance Counseling section, and then sign the Master Promissory Note. To take our parent loans, the parent would sign in at studentloans.gov with their FAFSA PIN, and request a PLUS loan. Once your credit is approved, complete the Plus Master Promissory Note to finish the application process.

What is the Student Information Sheet?

This form, which is required EACH YEAR for all Southeastern students, is found in NET Partner under the link “Apply Online” once you have logged in. Completing the Student Information Sheet determines your eligibility for many financial aid awards.